registration banner photo featuring gravenstein elementary school students smiling

Welcome! We look forward to greeting new families and new TK and Kindergarten students interested in sending their child to Gravenstein Union School District.

Each year, we typically have room to add new students in TK, K, 6th, and 7th grades; space in all of the other grade levels varies from year to year. To check to see if there is room at the grade level you are interested in, please call the Gravenstein School Office at 707-823-5361 for grades TK-5, and the Hillcrest School Office at 707-823-7653 for grades 6-8.

All applications must include the following:

All Grade Levels:
  • Completed Student Registration Form (see below) 
  • Copy of Student’s Birth Certificate
  • Proof of Complete Immunizations. For a list of required immunizations, click here.
    TK and Kinder applicants have until August 1 to provide proof of complete immunizations; however current immunization record must be provided at the time of application.
  • Proof of Residency (Utility Bill or other acceptable document) 
  • Copy of IEP or 504 (If Applicable)
TK/Kindergarten Only: (Must also include)
  • Report of Health Exam for School Entry
  • Oral Health Assessment for School Readiness
  • Age Requirements for 2024-2025 school year:
    • TK: Open to students turning five years old between September 2 - June 2
    • Kindergarten: Open to students who are five years old before September 5
7th Grade Only: (Must also include) 

Forms & Documents

Interdistrict Transfers (Transfers from/to Other Districts)

GUSD welcomes inter-district students!  Currently, GUSD does not require Inter-district Transfer requests.  However, if the district that you live in requires this form to be completed, please get the form from your home district and we will complete our portion and work with your home district to make sure this requirement is met.

Forms & Documents

District Boundaries

If you are not sure what district you live in, click on the button below, provide your address, and the site will tell you what school district is assigned to your home address.


Contact the school office for questions regarding enrollment.